Notice to HESD Parents
As you know, Kings County is currently in the RED TIER. If our County remains in the RED TIER another week, our schools we be able to reopen for in-person instruction in early November. Below are a few important pieces of information:
- Please complete the HESD Instructional Choice Survey by Wednesday, October 21st - these are the numbers we will use for planning purposes.
- We are planning to reopen in early November, but have not identified a firm start date.
- Students will be required to wear face coverings if returning to in-person instruction.
- Extra-Curricular and Co-Curricular activities will remain on hold.
- Our READY program will not be opening for in-person attendance for the time being.
- Upon return of students, at the direction of state and local Public Health guidelines, we will be following symptom based criteria for determining student wellness. If a student is exhibiting any unhealthy symptoms, students will be required to stay out of school for 10-days.
Information about our start date(s), daily schedules and next steps will be coming soon.
If you have any questions, please contact your child's school site.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time!